Article 1 definitions
For the purposes of these office complaints procedure, the following definitions shall apply
– complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or persons working under the lawyer’s responsibility regarding the conclusion and performance of a contract for the provision of services, the quality of the services provided or the amount of the fee note, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Counsel Act (Advw);
– Complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
– Complaints Officer: the lawyer in charge of handling the complaint;
Article 2 Scope of application
1. This office complaints procedure applies to every contract for the provision of services between Law firm Solutio and the client.
2. The lawyer of Law firm Solutio is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the office complaints procedure.
Article 3 objectives
The purpose of this office complaints procedure is to
a. establishing a procedure to deal constructively with complaints from clients within a reasonable period of time;
b. establishing a procedure to identify the causes of client complaints;
c. maintaining and improving existing relationships through good complaint handling;
d. improving the quality of service through complaint handling; and
Article 4 information at the start of the service provision
1. This office complaints procedure has been made public. Before entering into the assignment agreement, the lawyer reminds the client that the firm applies an office complaints procedure and that this applies to the service provision.
2. Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this office complaints procedure that have not been resolved after handling by the complaints officer can be submitted to the court or the Dean of the Bar Association of Midden-Nederland.
Article 5 internal complaint procedure
1. If a client approaches the firm with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to
Mr E. van Es, Law firm Legalitas: www.legalitas.nl who acts as a complaints officer.
2. The complaints officer shall inform the person about whom a complaint has been made of the submission of the complaint and shall give the complainant and the person about whom a complaint has been made the opportunity to explain the complaint.
3. The person about whom a complaint has been made tries to find a solution together with the client, whether or not after intervention of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer shall deal with the complaint within four weeks of receipt of the complaint or shall inform the complainant of any deviation from this term, stating the period within which an opinion on the complaint will be given, stating the reasons.
5. The complaints officer shall inform the complainant and the person about whom a complaint has been made in writing of the opinion on the merits of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
6. If the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person about whom a complaint has been made will sign the judgment on the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and complaint handling free of charge
1. The complaints officer and the person about whom a complaint has been made maintain confidentiality in respect of the handling of the complaint.
2. The complainant shall not be liable to pay any compensation for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
1. The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
2. The person who has been complained about keeps the complaints officer informed about possible contact and a possible solution.
3. The complaints officer will keep the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer keeps the complaint file up to date.
Article 8 registration of complaints
1. The complaints officer registers the complaint and the subject of the complaint in the case file.
2. A complaint can be divided into several subjects